Monday 23 November 2009

On the cusp...

Advent is almost upon us again. It doesn't seem possible that a year has passed since I wrote this daily blog. I am blogging again each day again in this holy season and I hope that what I write hear might prove helpful, thought-provoking and maybe even inspirational.

This Advent we will be exploring traditional themes of hope, joy, peace and love and our worship will be filled with one of themes each week.

I love Advent, because during the season, God reminds me that the way things are can and will be better. This is not a wild utopian hope, but one rooted in human history in a person, in a time and in a place. For the longings and hopes set running in Advent do find fulfilment - not only in the birth of a baby - but in the empty tomb of Easter.

Advent is full of hope, wild hope. Hope that comes and lives amongst us and tears open the grave.

As we wait to begin this season of hope, take a few minutes and have a look at the excellent Church of England page about Advent available here and also their Advent website here.

No comments: