Sunday 12 December 2010

The Gospel for Christmas Shoppers

I dislike Christmas shopping. I don't dislike the thought that goes into choosing a present for someone I love. What I find hard is that you are all there when I want to go and buy it!

God offers us good news good news from Isaiah's prophecy (Is. 35:3&4)...

'...Strengthen the weak hands,
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to those who are of a fearful heart,
‘Be strong, do not fear!...'

In this season of goodwill, I am rejoicing that whilst our wallets might get exercised, our hands might get tired from bag carrying, God's all transforming love promises to transform the landscapes of our lives - even in the mayhem of Christmas shopping.

Perhaps that same good news is better expressed or demonstrated another way...



No comments: